|Slices of the Casserole|
|Baked Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole|
|See That... That's the Crunchy Cinnamon Topping Covered in Cream Cheese Frosting|
For the Batter:
8 Large Eggs
2C Half & Half
For the Cinnamon Streusel:
½C AP Flour
½C Brown Sugar
½C Butter, Cut into Pieces
For the Casserole:
2 Cans of Grands Large Cinnamon Rolls, Baked & Cut into Cubes
Cream Cheese Glaze from Canned Cinnamon Rolls
Prepared Cinnamon Streusel
1. Bake the can of store-bought cinnamon rolls according to the label’s directions. Once fully cooked, let the cinnamon rolls cool (saving the cream cheese frosting for later) before you cube them. Cut the cooled cinnamon rolls into cubes and spread them out and let them become slightly stale, roughly 3 hours. Meanwhile, grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter and set aside. Once dried, toss the cubed cinnamon roll pieces into the prepared dish.
2. Next, prepare the French toast batter by combining the eggs, half & half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well incorporated. Pour this mixture over the cinnamon roll cubes. Cover the baking dish and store in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
3. To make the cinnamon streusel, mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Next, cut the butter into this mixture until it resembles a fine pebble mixture.
4. Take the soaked casserole out of the refrigerator and pour the crumbly cinnamon streusel evenly on top of the rolls.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the casserole for 45 minutes (a softer texture) or an hour (a firmer texture). Once it is done baking, immediately pour the cream cheese glaze all over the casserole.