|Blue Cheese-Honey Biscuits with Honey Butter|
For the Biscuits:
2 ¼C AP Flour
2 ½t Baking Powder
¾t Baking Soda
6T Butter, Chilled & Cut into Cubes
1 ½C Blue Cheese, Crumbled
For the Honey Butter:
1 Stick Butter, Softened
1T + 1t Honey
¼t VanillaDash of Cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with Pam.
2. To make the biscuits, start off by blending the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cubed butter in a food processor until it is crumbly. Dump this mixture into a bowl and pour in the buttermilk, honey, and blue cheese. Mix until incorporated, but do not over-mix because it will make your biscuits tough. Scoop this dough with a spoon (or I used an ice cream scoop) onto the lined baking sheet. This recipe should make about 12 biscuits.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, rotating halfway through.
4. While the biscuits are baking, make the honey butter. Put the softened butter, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer, so the butter becomes light and fluffy. Serve this on the side for those who want a sweeter biscuit.
5. Serve the biscuits immediately with the honey butter, so it gets nice & melted!
source: drop biscuits