|Gourmet Chocolate Chunk Cookies|
For the Cookies:
2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, Softened
¼C of Unsalted Butter, Grated & Chilled
¼C Granulated Sugar
¼C Gourmet Raw Bourbon Vanilla Sugar
1 ¾C Brown Sugar
2 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk
1t Sea Salt
3 ½C AP Flour
1 ½t Baking Soda
12oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
4 oz Gourmet Dark Chocolate, Roughly Chopped
Fleur de Sel, For Sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with Pam, then set aside.
2. Cream the softened butter with the vanilla sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the mixer then add the eggs one at a time, incorporating each one completely before adding the next. Scrape down the bowl and add in the chilled, grated butter.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. With the mixer on the lowest speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until just incorporated (don’t over mix).
5. Lightly fold in the chopped chocolate until it’s an even mixture. Scoop the dough into roughly ¼C balls, then using your fingers crimp the tops of the cookies to make them more jagged (this will make them look more homemade).
6. Sprinkle with the fleur de sel on top, then bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until slightly golden on the edges. The cookies will continue to bake on the baking sheet as they cool for 5-10 minutes.
source: chocolate chip cookie